I don’t need no stinkin’ Wonder Bread to enjoy a proper BLT. Especially when I’ve got some seriously amazing pastured pork shoulder bacon from Full Circle Bison Ranch. Thick, meaty, smoky, succulent…Have I mentioned they ship?
Let’s review the Q & D! rulebook, shall we?
- There may not be formal measurements, though I’ll try to ballpark it. Eyeball what you’ve got for how many you’re feeding. Instructions may be loose, but I trust you.
- The ingredients are not hard and fast. Feel free to deviate as necessary.
- The whole meal must come together in less than 30 minutes.
- It ain’t gonna be pretty.
- Don’t blame me if it’s not perfect. The whole point is that it’s not perfect!
BALT BAS (Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato Big Ass Salad)
6 slices bacon, diced
1 head romaine lettuce, sliced into ribbons
4 green onions, sliced
handful cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1) In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Be sure to save those drippings!
3) Plate the lettuce and stuff. Evenly distribute bacon on top. Serve!
NOTES: You can up the authenticity factor by making a mayo-based dressing. I’m trying to wean myself off the store-bought stuff and I’m too lazy to make my own without some big reason. But if you have some on hand, try mixing in the lime juice, some zest, and maybe an herb like basil.